SustainabilitySustainability Promotion Strucure
Sawai Group's business activities require the provision of resources from various stakeholders in society, including customers, business partners, employees, shareholders, and local communities, and in order for the Group to achieve sustainable growth and increase its corporate value, society as a whole, including its stakeholders, must be sustainable.
Therefore, we believe that the Group must fulfill its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), actively and proactively work to solve various social issues, and play an active role in realizing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To this end, we have established the Group Sustainability Committee (hereinafter referred to as the "Committee") to promote initiatives related to sustainability.
Group Sustainability Committee
The Committee is chaired by the President and Representative Director of Sawai Group Holdings. The Committee members consist of the chief officers of each division, as well as representatives from each group company, and the meeting is held twice a year in principle.
The Committee is responsible for the following matters:
- To deliberate and decide on the Group's basic policy on sustainability
- To establish and develop a structure for promoting sustainability, and support the establishment and development of a structure for promoting sustainability at each Group company
- To receive and deliberate reports and proposals from Group companies on the status of their sustainability initiatives
- To receive reports or proposals from the Sustainability Promotion Team (hereinafter referred to as the "Promotion Team") or the secretariat, and to deliberate and approve such reports or proposals
- Making proposals and reports on sustainability-related matters to the Group Governance Conference or the Board of Directors
- Deliberating and reporting on matters related to sustainability that are raised by the Group Governance Conference or the Board of Directors
- Sharing useful information on sustainability trends and examples of other companies
- Making decisions on other matters necessary for the promotion of sustainability
Three teams were established as a subordinate organization of the Committee to carry out practical initiatives; they consist of Environment; Society and Governance; and members from each Group company.
The duties of the Teams are as follows:
- To formulate an annual activity plan based on the Group-wide basic policy on sustainability, and report the progress and results of the annual activities to the Committee
- Investigating, reviewing, and reporting on matters related to sustainability consulted by the Committee
- Making proposals and reports to the Committee
- Other matters necessary for the promotion of sustainability
It is composed of members from related divisions and has the following duties:
- Assisting the Committee by convening meetings and preparing minutes
- Dissemination of information on sustainability internally and externally, including preparation of the Integrated Report and website on sustainability
- Supporting the Promotion Teams