at the Sawai Group
Our key policies and philosophies
At the Sawai Group, we engage in business activities based on the following philosophies and key policies related to the sustainability of society and of the Sawai Group.
Key Sustainability Policies
1. Basic philosophies
- At the Sawai Group, we believe that a healthy society and its sustainable development are the foundation of why we exist.
- The Sawai Group can only be sustainable if it is recognized as an entity (in other words, an institution of our society) necessary for the realization of a sustainable society, and if it maintains a firm relationship of trust with all our stakeholders.
- As our society changes, the Sawai Group can continue to exist in a sustainable way by rapidly responding to these social changes and by continuing to evolve.
- Based on our corporate philosophy of “Always putting healthier lives first,” we strive to do our part in realizing a sustainable society through our business, by contributing to the maintenance and development of healthy lives and superb healthcare systems.
- We endeavor to stay engaged (building bonds of mutual trust) with all our stakeholders including patients and consumers, healthcare professionals such as medical institutions, business partners, employees, shareholders, local communities, and the global environment.
- We pursue creativity and constantly evolve along with society, so that the Sawai Group can remain sustainable.
Sawai Group's business activities are conducted not only with customers, but also with various stakeholders, including employees, business partners, shareholders, local communities and the global environment. It is essential for the Group to conduct business activities that take into consideration the sustainability of society as a whole, including all of these stakeholders in order to continuously enhance our corporate value based on the Group's corporate philosophy of “Always putting healthier lives first.”
To this end, in June 2021, we formulated our Key Sustainability Policies. Based on these policies, we have identified and prioritized Materiality (material issues) in our sustainability activities from two perspectives both “stakeholders' interests” and “impact on and from the Company.”
Sustainability Promotion Structure
Sawai Group has a sustainability promotion structure to fulfill its corporate social responsibilities and to actively address social issues.
Based on the philosophy that ongoing relationships with all stakeholders should be based on mutual trust, the Sawai Group endeavors to stay engaged (building bonds of mutual trust) with all our stakeholders, including patients and consumers, healthcare professionals such as medical institutions, business partners, employees, shareholders, local communities, and the global environment.
Approaches toward Sustainability Issues
Approach to Human Rights and Human Resources
The Sawai Group has established a Code of Conduct for respect for human rights, consideration for the health and working environment of employees, and fair and appropriate treatment of employees, and is actively and proactively addressing these issues.
Major Activities of the Sawai Group
Based on the key policies and philosophies of the Sawai Group, each of our group companies are involved in various activities. Use the links below to read about these initiatives.
Sustainability at Sawai Pharmaceutical
Based on our corporate philosophy, “Always putting patients first,” Sawai Pharmaceutical strives for the realization of a sustainable society by contributing to the maintenance and development of superb healthcare systems.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories’ Corporate Citizenship
Upsher-Smith Laboratories is involved in charity activities, hands-on science-based education programs, helping CNS patient support groups through activities such as disease awareness programs and the establishment of research funds, assisting the creation of non-profit organizations related to diseases, and other initiatives.