at the Sawai Group
Our key policies and philosophies
At the Sawai Group, we engage in business activities based on the following philosophies and key policies related to the sustainability of society and of the Sawai Group.
Key Sustainability Policies
1. Basic philosophies
- At the Sawai Group, we believe that a healthy society and its sustainable development are the foundation of why we exist.
- The Sawai Group can only be sustainable if it is recognized as an entity (in other words, an institution of our society) necessary for the realization of a sustainable society, and if it maintains a firm relationship of trust with all our stakeholders.
- As our society changes, the Sawai Group can continue to exist in a sustainable way by rapidly responding to these social changes and by continuing to evolve.
- Based on our corporate philosophy of “Always putting healthier lives first,” we strive to do our part in realizing a sustainable society through our business, by contributing to the maintenance and development of healthy lives and superb healthcare systems.
- We endeavor to stay engaged (building bonds of mutual trust) with all our stakeholders including patients and consumers, healthcare professionals such as medical institutions, business partners, employees, shareholders, local communities, and the global environment.
- We pursue creativity and constantly evolve along with society, so that the Sawai Group can remain sustainable.
Sustainability Promotion Structure
Sawai Group has a sustainability promotion structure to fulfill its corporate social responsibilities and to actively address social issues.
Based on the philosophy that ongoing relationships with all stakeholders should be based on mutual trust, the Sawai Group endeavors to stay engaged (building bonds of mutual trust) with all our stakeholders, including patients and consumers, healthcare professionals such as medical institutions, business partners, employees, shareholders, local communities, and the global environment.
View Sawai Group’s ESG performance here.
ESG Index and External Evaluations
Sawai Group Holdings has received evaluations from external evaluation organizations.
View the latest and previous versions of our Integrated Reports here.
Major Activities of the Sawai Group
Based on the key policies and philosophies of the Sawai Group, each of our group companies are involved in various activities. Use the links below to read about these initiatives.
Sustainability at Sawai Pharmaceutical
Based on our corporate philosophy, “Always putting patients first,” Sawai Pharmaceutical strives for the realization of a sustainable society by contributing to the maintenance and development of superb healthcare systems.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories’ Corporate Citizenship
Upsher-Smith Laboratories is involved in charity activities, hands-on science-based education programs, helping CNS patient support groups through activities such as disease awareness programs and the establishment of research funds, assisting the creation of non-profit organizations related to diseases, and other initiatives.